According to tgrayst

Saturday, November 05, 2005

New Roland RD700sx

Yesterday, following my final exam for my whole degree (hurrah!), I took the plunge and spent $3.7k on a new Roland RD700sx digital stage piano. It's SWEET!! It has 88 keys with progressive hammer action, which means that there's a hammer-like mechanism for each key, just like a real piano, and the lower keys are heavier than the higher keys, also just like a real piano. :D The sounds are fantastic, though atm I'm running it thru my logitech computer speakers, which don't do it justice at all. :S (These photos are of Stuart having a go on it, btw)

As mentioned in the previous post, St Joe's played in the mall this morning. As you might imagine, I took the roland along. It makes such a huge difference - you can play without having to worry about running out of keys, or compensating for bad piano sounds!

I've been playing with my new toy practically non-stop, checking out what it can do... I might even look at the manual soon! ;) To give u an idea as to how good it sounds, here's one or two recordings:

ok, so there's just the one clip atm. The others weren't as good (not real happy about how this one ends either, but anyway). Maybe I'll put some more up soon. :)

enjoy :)

1 Comments:

  • Pretty nice :)

    Sounds like you've recorded it on the steinway with a couple of top-notch microphones!! :-)

    So it must be a good keyboard!!

    Btw.. My bland new spanking keyboard arrived today :-) Mine's a bit more on the geeky side though

    By Blogger Humphrey Murray, at 10:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home