According to tgrayst

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Anti-Pesto to the Rescue!

Today I checked out the new Wallace and Gromit movie: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit! It was awesome!! - I'm something of a Wallace and Gromit fan, and I thoroughly enjoyed this latest instalment!! :D Wallace and Gromit are long overdue for an appearance at the cinemas, and it wasn't a let-down. There was some concern that it wouldn't maintain its Britishness what with having Dreamworks in the picture, but I'm happy to say that that wasn't the case: it's still very British! :)

I especially love all the nifty (and totally excessive!) little gadgets that are all through their house and built into their car and stuff. My only criticism is that the story gets a little too far-fetched towards the end and doesn't really satisfactorily resolve one or two things that just magically fix themselves. (I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet!) It's kinda like how in the Lion King, when Simba retakes his place at pride rock, the sun comes out and the grass reappears and the balance of the circle of life is suddenly magically restored! :P hmm, think I may have Lion King on the brain a bit atm what with seeing it recently in Melbourne... ;) (any excuse to link to a previous entry! :P)

Oh yeah, the other bit of excitement is that on the way home this arvo, someone didn't notice that a light was red until it was too late to stop!! :O Sorry, but I'm not at liberty to disclose the identity of the driver! :P It had been pouring with rain (as it has been the last few days on and off) and the water on the road meant that it was prolly more dangerous to try to stop than to just keep going... So yeah, luckily there wasn't any traffic going through the intersection at the time - thankyou Lord! (humf has more details - he was in the car too)

In completely unrelated news, I feel it's worth mentioning that I played Risk last night for the first time with Elly + Stu, Josh, and Elly's brothers, Will and Fred. Great game! Elly nearly won by taking out all Fred's forces in Australia, but Stu beat her to it by marching through South America, taking out all of Will's troops before Elly could finish Fred off! ...I think I'll be going back for a rematch in the near future. :)

And now, I really must get my head down and do some serious Project work before tomorrow's meeting! You're supposed to have 8hrs per week on average and I'm currently sitting on an average of 07:09. :S And when I say that you're supposed to have 8hrs, I mean that you start losing marks if you have less than that! :O

Time to vpn in to the uni through a vnc link to access the svn repository and get into some C# ASP.NET code... way too many v's and n's... :P

3 Comments:

  • Hi Thomas!!

    Seems like Wallace and Gromit was the flavour of the day! I took Holly to see it and we both thought it was very well done!

    Quite a lot of work is put into it, don't think that I would have the patience! Anyhow!

    Totally...
    PT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 pm  

  • Mmm... I wonder who that terrible driver could be?? Mmmm... ???

    Hang on, I was in the car! I do know who was driving!!! ha ha ha ha

    By Blogger Humphrey Murray, at 11:12 pm  

  • https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4784547869594379965&postID=6169078107561478523&page=1&token=1643182207528

    By Blogger Gyanas, at 6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home