According to tgrayst

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Latest bits and pieces...

Haven't written on here for a little while, so here's some of what's been happening, and what's up next for me in 2006:
  • The Oddsox tour went really well! Feels like it was ages ago though. We went and played the other day in Port Sorell - It was really great to get to play again. I think we were all having withdrawal symptoms from Oddsox. ;) See more over at oddsoxband.blogspot.com.
  • Went to see Narnia recently. Saw it twice actually, it was that good! ;) Once at Village, Launceston and again at Cmax in Devonport. Narnia draws some parallels with the Bible that I hadn't completely realised before, I don't think. Most notably, that I am Edmund. Or rather, we are all Edmund - We are traitors to Jesus having turned away from him and thinking we don't need his love. The 'deep magic' means that we therefore belong to the devil (the white witch). Only Jesus (Aslan) dying on the cross (the stone table), a completely innocent individual sacrificing himself for another, can set us free from satan's grasp. I found the film to be worthy of C.S. Lewis' original story, and very much superior to the BBC version - which was, afterall, made as a TV series on a much lower budget. Ok, so there were some sketchy bits in terms of special effects, but overall it was an excellent rendition. If you haven't seen it, go check it out!
  • I've been awarded an honours scholarship! They're paying all my uni and HECS fees for the year! Yahoo! Very stoked about that, as you might imagine. :D
  • CMS Summerview 2006 is on next week, so I'll be away 16-20th Jan. I'm really looking forward to it - I've been involved with the children's program at CMS for years, but have therefore missed out on the actual content of the conference. This year I'm part of the music team, which is great cos I get to play with some other great musos, and participate in the actual conference too. :) Oh yeah, CMS is the Church Missionary Society, so the annual conference, which is held in Bicheno, is about Mission. While there's an emphasis on overseas mission, everyone has a mission field where they live. When Jesus said to Go Make Disciples, he was talking about everyone - those in faraway countries, and those at home or in the workplace. The conference is about equipping Christians to fulfil that calling, in whatever place God is calling them to.
  • Uni starts for me Feb 6. I'm doing Advanced Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing as a Summerschool unit. I reckon it's gonna be pretty full on, being 13 weeks worth of content packed into only two weeks! Semester 1 then starts Feb 27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home